How To Record A Commission


IMPORTANT! When you have received your notary commission certificate from the Secretary of State’s Office, you are required to file (record) that commission and your signature at any of the following locations. Until recorded, your commission is not valid and cannot be used:

Stark County Clerk of Courts – Canton
Court of Common Pleas – Downtown Canton
115 Central Plaza N., Suite 101
Canton , Ohio 44702

Title Division Branches:

Stark County Clerk of Courts – AllianceSave
Court of Common Pleas – City Hall Annex
513 E. Main St
Alliance , Ohio 44601

1235993_10201479403659107_1900977695_nStark County Clerk of Courts – Massillon
Court of Common Pleas – Massillon AAA Building
1972 Wales Rd., NE
Massillon , Ohio 44646

Stark County Clerk of Courts – North Canton
Court of Common Pleas – Across of Fisher Foods
3179 Whitewood Street, N.W.
North Canton, Ohio 44720

In order to file your commission, you must take your commission, a photo ID, and $5.00 payable in cash, check or money order to the Stark County Court of Common Pleas. top

The filing fee for attorneys is $10.00. If the clerk administers the oath there will be an additional $2.00 charge.